I (Andrea) had a wonderful opportunity to interview Ryan Gladstone of Monster Theatre. Initially, it was to help promote the show “Juliet: A Revenge Comedy” that is coming to VIU Malaspina Theatre on March 17, 18, 19, 2022, but it turned into much more than that. There are so many reasons why we need theatre, and why theatre needs us. If you have nine minutes in your day to watch this video, or even just listen, Ryan has some truly insightful things to say.
“Stories are the signposts in life that help us navigate.”
“Theatre is a live performing art. Without the audience, it is nothing. It’s been a weird couple of years, and we need the audience.”
Why have a career in theatre? “Do it because you have to. If there is anything else you can do in life that will make you happy, do it.”
WE HAVE A NEW LOOK
You are among the first to know! TheatreOne is undergoing a make-over, with a new logo, new website, new systems and more to come. We hope you like our new look – and we hope you will find our new website an easier, more convenient platform on which to follow us.
We are grateful to Coastal Community Credit Union for providing the grant that made this possible, and for their generous support to this community over the years.
SOME BIG CHANGES
We are delighted to announce that our Fringe Flicks schedule for 202-21 is now finalized, bringing back all the movies COVID shut down over the past 18 months in a full 10-film series!
At the same time, there will be some changes in how Fringe Flicks operates this year:
A new schedule
- We have added a new showing of each film on Wednesday evenings at 7 pm, offering a mid-week option that we hope will suit many of you. However please note that this replaces the Sunday evening show.
With this change, it will be possible to see each film in the schedule on the following times
- 1 pm Sundays & 4 pm Sundays
- 7 pm Mondays
- 7 pm Wednesdays
You set the date!
- It has always been the rule, but now we have to honour it. As always, when you purchase your subscription you will be asked to select the day and time you plan to attend. This year, however, we will need to ask you to keep to that choice, coming to the shows you selected when purchasing.
We are going paperless!
- Subscriptions and individual tickets can be purchased online by credit card through our website. You will receive an email confirmation. Please print this and bring it or have a copy ready on your phone when you come to the theatre.
- Cash, credit and/or debit sales will be available at the door 45 minutes prior to each showing.
Change is always unsettling, but it can also bring new opportunities. We hope our Wednesday evening showing will suit many of you, and that this, with our other changes, will make attending Fringe Flicks more appealing than ever.