TheatreOne seeks a part-time permanent Office/Box Office Manager. Applicants should have strong office and organizational skills and will ideally have strong bookkeeping skills. Other assets include a passion for theatre and the performing arts, box office experience, strong graphics background, and/or social media skills
The position will be 25 hours per week at $23 per hour, with additional paid hours on performance days. The workday will be noon to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Nanaimo’s TheatreOne is a not-for-profit professional theater company dedicated to moving hearts and minds and deepening our collective understanding of the world we live in and the challenges facing us all.
The Office/Box Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures in
order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, and inventory control. Supervised by and working directly with the Executive Director, this position requires an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in handling a wide range of administrative and
executive support related tasks.
- Experience with both day-to-day bookkeeping tasks as well as budget development and the production of monthly and annual financial statements
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment as well as on own.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to be flexible.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Background or experience with box office operations
- Strong social media skills.
- Basic graphic skills.
- Experience with Xero, Square, and Stripe.
- Experience working with volunteers.
The position requires some evening and weekend work on performance days.
TheatreOne is a year-round, not-for- profit, PACT, theatre company located in the city of Nanaimo.
The Office/Box Office Manager plays an important role in creating and encouraging a positive, efficient, and effective organizational culture.
The Office/Box Office Manager is responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved, and that clerical functions are properly carried out.
The Office Manager’s general responsibilities include:
- Management of office operations.
- Administrative assistance to Artistic Director and Executive Director.
- Organizational administrative support.
MANAGEMENT OF OFFICE OPERATIONS
- Be present during office hours, act as first point of contact for all office visitors and
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures.
- Act as point person for office maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands.
- Manage office supply inventory and ordering.
- Manage petty cash and banking.
- Liaise with outside vendors including IT company, auditor, ticketing software contractor, bank, insurance agency, etc.
- Manage office equipment warranties, repairs, and manuals.
- Mail, filling, messaging, reception, copying, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Maintain and update website.
- Maintain mailing and membership lists.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANCE TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Assist in coordinating the ED’s calendar and scheduling both internal and external
- Correspondence support.
- Assist in the completion of surveys and forms including government permits/licenses,
Theatre Communications Group, unions, credit applications, and other informational requests.
- Contract proofing, production, facilitation, and filing.
- Manage files.
BOX OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Set up and maintain ticket sales for upcoming shows.
- Arrange and distribute complimentary ticket codes as required.
- Assist patrons with ticket purchases and exchanges as necessary.
- Operate will call, guest list, and all ticket sales on show days.
- Reconciliation of all ticket sales following all shows.
Please submit your application in confidence to:
Michael Cade – Executive Director – email@example.com
Application Deadline is March 8th.